Barlev Associates, Accountants – Investigative Auditing, was founded in 1988 in Israel by Yehudah Barlev, one of the foremost experts in Investigative Auditing. Barlev Associates is a world leader in providing Investigative Auditing, anti-money laundering, anti-terror finance, and anti-corruption services to governments, regulatory authorities, NGOs, large and medium-size corporations, and individuals worldwide.
Our personnel have acted as investigative auditors, consultants and expert witnesses for governments, enforcement and regulatory agencies, NGOs and public and private corporations worldwide. They lecture at institutions of higher learning, and their articles have appeared in leading professional journals.
Our personnel are members of the following organisations:
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel;
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE);
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Examples of previous projects:
- Investigation of the collapse of a financial institution;
- Advisory services concerning the creation of anti-money laundering detection software on behalf of an Eastern European anti-money laundering authority;
- Development of anti-money laundering e-learning programs;
- Administration on behalf of the Israel Police of accounts frozen at a leading bank on suspicion of money laundering;
- Fraud vulnerability study undertaken at a government-owned hospital in Latin America;
- Tracing of assets stolen from a North American hedge fund;
- Development of state-of-the-art software to detect Medicare fraud;
- Fraud vulnerability study for an international maritime company;
- Tracing and recovery of assets of Holocaust victims in Europe and Israel.