Investigative Auditing consists of the prevention, detection and quantification of fraud, money laundering, terror finance and corruption. Investigative Auditing involves the examination of accounts and the use of accounting procedures to discover financial irregularities and to follow the movement of funds and assets in and out of organisations.
The objects of Investigative Auditing include, inter alia:
- Identification of suspects;
- Determination of damages;
- Quantification of damages;
- Prevention of damage;
- Identification of financial activity;
- Tracing of financial assets.
Barlev provides it customers around the world a broad range of Investigative Auditing services, including:
- Examination of the financial and operating procedures within an organisation;
- Fraud Vulnerability Studies intended to expose vulnerability to fraud and embezzlement;
- Integration of controls and enforcement.
- Quantification of actual damages based upon Investigative Audit findings in furtherance of legal and other procedures.
Computer (Cyber) Fraud
- Exposure and verification of suspicions and fraudulent systems;
- Submission of expert testimony based upon Investigative Audit findings;
- Identification of fraud perpetrated by digitized, cyber and computerized tools.
- Quantification of damages for purposes of claims;
- Definition of factual and accounting basis for estimating damages.
Advice and Assistance to Attorneys
- Liquidations, dissolutions, suspension of procedures, and cessation of payment;
- Location of stolen assets and assistance in their recovery;
- Evaluation and proof of securities fraud;
- Business disputes;
- Matters involving non-profit organizations;
- Litigation support;
- Lifting of the corporate veil;
- Expert opinions and testimony with respect to the above.
Due Diligence Examinations Prior to Mergers and Acquisitions
- Examination of the credibility of financial statements and third-party documents.
Fraud Vulnerability Studies within an Organization
Management of Corporate under Crisis